This is my first recipe on my blog!
Basically, this is a recipe that I came up with after reading a bunch of recipes a while ago. This recipe is so easy and cheap that it can feed a family and is quite healthy! The following measurements are based off of feeding two people, so look out for a * and down the bottom of the page I’ll have my notes!
- 2 Chicken breasts*
- 3 Lemons
- 3 spices of your choice** of any quantity
- 2 1/2 Table spoons Olive oil
- vegetables to serve***
* This recipe serves 2. For more people simply double the ingredients!*
What you’ll need to do:
- 1) Put the oil, juice of 2 lemons and 3 spices into a large bowl and mix. Place chicken in the mixture to coat and leave in the fridge to marinate for around 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2) Get the chicken out of the fridge and slice about 3-4 times down the chicken. Slice up the 3rd lemon and place lemon slices in the chicken where you previously sliced. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, or till it looks cooked through. Begin cooking your sides at this time.
- 3) Take the chicken out of the oven and and remove the lemon slices. Cook the chicken on a heated pan to crisp up the outside.
- Now plate up, squeeze lemon over the top and enjoy!
* One chicken breast per person, multiply marinate if needed.
** Use any spices you like, for this one I used Italian spice, chilli flakes and herb and garlic
*** Serve chicken with anything you like!