With the recent diagnosis of being lactose intolerant, I’ve had to experiment with a TONNE of recipes to find what I like and what works for me. As a lover of Carbonara I found this recipe to be the best. I added my own Ingredients to the recipe as well as it was rather bland without them. So, please enjoy!
*this can also be gluten free!*
- 500 grams of cooked fettuccine (or any other pasta you like)
- 1 bunch of spring onion
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable stock
- a handful or two of Parmesan cheese (Which is for the most part lactose free, if you can’t have a little but of cheese there’s plenty of completely lactose free cheese)
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 3 rashers of bacon, diced
- Salt and pepper, garlic salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Start boiling the water for the pasta and cooking the bacon
- Once the bacon is cooked put the onion and mushroom in till they look brown
- In a measuring cup, pour the almond milk, cornflour, soy sauce and vegetable stock then stir till its smooth
- Place the liquid contents into the pan with the bacon, mushroom and onion then sprinkle some salt and pepper and garlic salt
- Drain the pasta, bowl up and pour the sauce and cheese over the top!
Stay tuned for more!
— Thanks for stopping by —